WORKSHOP ON QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES USING SPSS
MG – 303: Business Research Methods
19th, 25th May, 2017
- To familiarize students about quantitative research methods used in the field of business management.
- To gripe on hand information about statistical terms and techniques, demonstrate how to interpret results.
- To deliver students with knowledge and skillsto critically appraise research methodology.
Intended Knowledge Outcomes
At the end students should be able to understand and explain the following:
Concept of research, Qualitative Research, Quantitative Research, Concept of Variables, Research design, Scales of Measurement, SPSS and Data Entry, Descriptive Statistics, Cross Tab Reports, One-Sample T-test, Independent Sample T-test, Paired Sample T-test, One Way ANOVA, Pearson Correlation, Regression Analysis.
Intended Skill Outcomes
At the end of this module students should be able to:
- Develop skills of evaluating relative merits of quantitative data collection/analysis techniques.
- Critically evaluate quantitative research methods in the context of specific research aims and objectives.
- Conduct data manipulation
- Produce statistical descriptive summaries
Shahid Rasheed,Assistant Professor,Department of Management Sciences, Abasyn University Peshawar